Thursday, May 7, 2015

"BUT NOW MY EYE SEES YOU!"

Job 42:1-6                           (ESV)
"1 Then Job answered the LORD and said:
2 "I know that YOU can do all things, and that no purpose of YOURS can be thwarted."
3 'WHO is this that hides counsel without knowledge?' Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know. 
4 'Hear, and I will speak; I will question YOU, and YOU make it known to me.' 
5 I had heard of YOU by the hearing of the ear, "BUT NOW MY EYE SEES YOU"; 
6 therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes."



Recently while studying John 21:1 I became entranced on the words "JESUS revealed HIMSELF"!  The words from Jeremiah 29:13, "You will seek ME and find ME, when you seek ME with all your heart", have encouraged me for years to continue "seeking" HIM.  So why is it that a body cannot "see" HIM when they desire to "see" HIM?  Why can't we determine when we are mature enough, have been hurt enough, or been through enough trials to see HIS MAJESTY?

Job is known in the Bible for the suffering he endured.  In Job 42:2 it is written "I know that YOU can do all things, and that no purpose of YOURS can be thwarted".  Job realized that GOD has the omnipotence to do as HE pleases.  GOD is also ALL-LOVING (1 John 4:7) and wants to bless us (Psalms 35:27-28) so why is it that sometimes we cannot see what it is HE is doing?  

The words from Job 42:5 was in a devotional this morning that spoke CLEARLY to me!  Job says in the first part of the verse that he had heard with his ear of GOD, but in the last part of the verse he says "BUT NOW MY EYE SEES YOU"!  When GOD's Plan has been fulfilled, and ONLY then, will HE reveal HIMSELF to us for HIS glory!  GOD does grow and mature us to become more devout servants, but HE only does so for HIS glory! 

Job said in verse six above that he despised himself, and repented in dust and ashes!  In Romans 5:3-5 the Apostle Paul writes "Not only that, but we REJOICE IN OUR SUFFERINGS, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because GOD's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."  Regardless of seemingly successful prosperity preachers, mega-churches, and ornate buildings, GOD is not attempting to display HIMSELF through health, wealth, and prosperity.  HIS desire is for us to say "BUT NOW MY EYES SEE YOU"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment