Thursday, May 28, 2015

"CRUCIFIED THE FLESH!"

Galatians 5:16-21                  (ESV)
"16 But I say, WALK BY THE SPIRIT, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
17 For the desires of the flesh are against the SPIRIT, and THE DESIRES OF THE SPIRIT ARE AGAINST THE FLESH, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
18 But if you are led by the SPIRIT, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,
21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the SPIRIT is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
24 And those who belong to CHRIST JESUS have "CRUCIFIED THE FLESH" with its passions and desires.
25 If we live by the SPIRIT, let us also keep in step with the SPIRIT.
26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another."



There are times when it seems my actions are contrary to what I desire for them to be.  Why do I do things that I "REALLY" don't want to do?  Why does the enemy seem to have such control over my actions and cause such agony in my life!  In Romans 7:15 the writer says "For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate."  It seems the very thing I am trying to accomplish sometimes will be the thing I end up NOT doing?  

The "flesh" brings about mistakes, confusion, and ultimately death!  JESUS brings joy, comfort, peace and LIFE for all!  The things we "DESIRE" in life should not surprise us to usually be self-centered and self-serving.  Whether something as major as a new home, or as insignificant as a new t-shirt, unless we are led by the SPIRIT to make such a purchase we are probably succumbing to the flesh!  

Serving the flesh AND serving the SPIRIT are not compatible!  JESUS said in Luke 16:13 "No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve GOD and money."  In Galatians 5:17 scripture dictates "the desires of the flesh are against the SPIRIT, and THE DESIRES OF THE SPIRIT ARE AGAINST THE FLESH"!  No man can satisfy desires of the flesh while growing his SPIRIT, or vice versa.  

A decision has to be made.  Either you are going to serve other gods (flesh), or you will serve the SPIRIT with your life.  Allowing the SPIRIT to guide and direct your life will not always be comfortable or easy.  "This world" is diametrically opposed to the things of the SPIRIT and will be opposed to you living for HIM!  Get ready, to live for HIM with your life you must make a choice to have "CRUCIFIED THE FLESH"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment