Saturday, May 30, 2015

"INTO ARABIA!"

Galatians 1:11-17                       (ESV)
"11 For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel.
12 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of JESUS CHRIST
13 For you have heard of my former life in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of GOD violently and tried to destroy it.
14 And I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people, so extremely zealous was I for the traditions of my fathers.
15 But when HE who had set me apart before I was born, and WHO called me by HIS grace,
16 was pleased to reveal HIS SON to me, in order that I might preach HIM among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with anyone;
17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away "INTO ARABIA", and returned again to Damascus."



The Apostle Paul's ministry was special, not only in the way he was called by The LORD, but also in the way GOD instructed and led him after his conversion.  GOD speaks in MANY different ways, we just have to be "in tune" with HIS voice!  There is varied opinions where exactly "ARABIA" is located.  Some say Paul went to Mt. Sinai for three years, the same Mt. Sinai that GOD delivered the Ten Commandments to Moses.  Although we can't be sure of the exact geographic location Paul traveled to, we can be sure that GOD revealed HIMSELF to Paul like few others. 

In Acts 9:16 JESUS tells Ananias "For I will 'show him' (Saul) how much he must suffer for the sake of my name."  Many times I have written that GOD has a plan for each of us and JESUS made it clear in HIS talk with Ananias that Saul/Paul would glorify GOD with the remainder of his life.  Wherever it was that Paul spent three years after his conversion, it is written that GOD was "pleased to reveal HIS SON" to Paul so HE could be glorified by "the Gentiles and kings and children of Israel". 

Saul had been doing his best to destroy the church of GOD prior to his conversion.  He wrote that "you have heard of my former life in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of GOD violently and tried to destroy it."  I am sure it was not with a lot of pride that Saul/Paul had to report of his deeds before his conversion.  He was most assuredly "EXTREMELY zealous was I for the "traditions of my fathers".  However GOD's Plan for Paul called for him to go "INTO ARABIA" for a time to be molded into a vessel to glorify GOD and be used of HIM.  

There are times when GOD is dealing with us to mold us into vessels that can "glorify GOD and be used of HIM" that seem like we are "INTO ARABIA"?  We have to get alone with HIM and allow HIM to sculpt us into tools that can glorify HIM before all people!  This process will not necessarily be an enjoyable time, but our main objective should be for GOD ALMIGHTY to use us to glorify HIS name.  Whether I am called to go "INTO ARABIA", the ghetto, or into kings mansions, I pray I will be used to glorify GOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment