Tuesday, January 15, 2013

DEPRESSION!

I hate to admit it, but even before I had my brain hemorrhage, I had problems with depression.   Since the hemorrhage, I have been more accepting of the fact that I am NOT above "negative personality traits".  King David had a same problem.  He knew the best cure for his situation.  If you focus on how BAD you are, your spiritual eye will be "trained on" the negative.  Conversely, if you focus on how good GOD is, your spiritual eye will trained on the GOOD and POSITIVE in life!   

Psalms 43:5 (ESV) says "Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God."  

You may have to have medical prescription to help with your depression, but there is NO substitute for the peace and assurance that comes from HIM!  LORD, Help me to "Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God."  

No comments:

Post a Comment