Monday, January 28, 2013

"FANATIC"!


"At the risk of being fanatical, you must obey GOD!  Oswald Chambers"

This was on my wall this morning.  It seems GOD causes me to "pause" on some posts because HE is wanting to speak to me through the post.   I have always been told than a fanatic was someone who loved JESUS more than I.   Or a fanatic who is a "FAN-AT-IT"!  

I decided to look the word up on dictionary.com and the is what I found.  
fanatic[ fuh-nat-ik ]
noun
1. a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics.

How did that word "uncritical" get there?  Why does it seem I am always being challenged to correct faults?  Why can't I just be left alone to serve and praise GOD the way "I" choose?

Ephesians 5:1-2 says "Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour."  

LORD, cause me to have a "sweetsmelling" spirit and to avoid having a critical spirit.  My desire is to be used of YOU to impact the Kingdom in a positive manner!

No comments:

Post a Comment