Tuesday, April 7, 2015

"BOUGHT WITH A PRICE!"

1 Corinthians 7:17-24                      (ESV)
"17 Only let EACH PERSON LEAD THE LIFE THE LORD HAS ASSIGNED TO HIM, and to which GOD HAS CALLED HIM . This is my rule in all the churches.
18 Was anyone at the time of his call already circumcised? Let him not seek to remove the marks of circumcision. Was anyone at the time of his call uncircumcised? Let him not seek circumcision.
19 For neither circumcision counts for anything nor uncircumcision, but keeping the commandments of GOD.
20 Each one should remain in the condition in which he was called.
21 Were you a bondservant when called? Do not be concerned about it. (But if you can gain your freedom, avail yourself of the opportunity.)
22 For he who was called in the LORD as a bondservant is a freedman of the LORD. Likewise he who was free when called is a bondservant of CHRIST.
23 You were "BOUGHT WITH A PRICE"; DO NOT BECOME BONDSERVANTS OF MEN.
24 So, brothers, in whatever condition each was called, there let him remain with GOD."



I was recently out exercising (I walk about 3 miles in my neighborhood) and decided to stop at a married couples house I have known awhile.   They live less than a mile from my house, but it has been at least three years since I have taken the time to stop and talk with them.  They both play instrumental parts in the person GOD developed me into.  Sure, GOD would have developed my character without using their input, but they were there for a pivotal time in my developing years to make me the person I am today!

GOD uses seemingly insignificant things in our lives that ultimately are used to mold us into things that can glorify HIM.  HE doesn't need Red Sea moments to display HIS omnipotence or omnipresence.  We just have to SLOW DOWN our lives long enough to recognize HIS handiwork in the things that are happening to us, because of us, AND in spite of us!  

We cannot ALL be wealthy and famous.  We cannot ALL be the most celebrated physician.  We cannot ALL be the best chef in the world!  But we can ALL be exactly what GOD has called us to be!  If we ALL would focus on "EACH PERSON LEAD THE LIFE THE LORD HAS ASSIGNED TO HIM, and to which GOD HAS CALLED HIM", I imagine the chaos and turmoil in our lives would subside greatly!  I am reminded of a quote from another dear friend of mine who said "We try to be MORE than what GOD intended for us to be"!  

GOD doesn't need our help doing things HE desires to get credit for!  Even though we THINK we are capable of accomplishing a task, if we are outside of GOD's will we will either fail in our endeavors or the result will bring us no peace!  Just like my friends who GOD used almost 40 years ago, GOD can use me to shape someone with the slightest gesture IN HIS NAME!  We have ALL been "BOUGHT WITH A PRICE"!  If we are "BOUGHT WITH A PRICE" shouldn't we do what our owner asks???

No comments:

Post a Comment