Saturday, April 18, 2015

"THE TIME CAME!"

Luke 2:1-7                                  (ESV)
"1 In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered.
2 This was the first registration when Quirinius was governor of Syria.
3 And all went to be registered, each to his own town.
4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the town of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David,
5 to be registered with Mary, his betrothed, who was with child.
6 And while they were there, "THE TIME CAME" for her to give birth.
7 And she gave birth to her firstborn SON and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid HIM in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn."



My first grandchild was recently born, and my second grandchild is due this summer.  It has been said a multitude of times, but there is no greater feeling than to hold a child of your child!  Remembering when my first child was born, the anticipation of everything being just perfect was greater for me with my children.  I wanted things ALL to be perfect for my child, but my grandchildren ARE perfect (in my eyes) and knowing that GOD IS IN CONTROL relaxes me!

GOD's ways are HIGHER than our ways (Isaiah 55:8-8).  The flaws my children have (and that I have) are by design of the Creator!  To admit my children have flaws is not a slight on my children, because ALL humans are imperfect (Romans 3:23) except ONE (1 Peter 2:22)!  My flaws (weaknesses) only show how magnificent HE is (2 Corinthians 12:9-11).  To "claim" we have NO SIN is akin to declaring NO NEED for a Savior, therefore CHRST would have come to earth in vain!

There is no such thing as chance or circumstance.  GOD has a plan and we are tools in that plan!  JESUS fulfilled over 350 prophecies by coming to earth and living a perfect life for my salvation.  One of those prophesies was that HE would be born in Bethlehem.  Now Joseph's hometown was Nazareth, but "coincidentally" Caesar Augustus declared that ALL must go to their native town to "be registered"!   JESUS was born in Bethlehem by divine appointment, not by accident!  There is NOTHING outside of GOD's plan and watchful eye!  WHEN we grasp that concept it becomes easier to not be so anxious and uptight.  

Knowing when a child will be born is certainly not an exact science.  Even when delivered by Cesarean Section, there are so many variables that can play into WHEN "THE TIME COMES"!  JESUS could have been born in Nazareth, or anywhere between Bethlehem and Nazareth.  But when "THE TIME CAME" for HIM to be delivered, JESUS fulfilled ALL prophecies surrounding HIS birth to a tee!  GOD has a plan (Jeremiah 29:11) for each of us, and that plan ultimately will bring HIM glory!  Almost two-thousand years ago "THE TIME CAME" for JESUS to come the first time!  Don't be caught unready when HE comes the second time!

No comments:

Post a Comment