Friday, April 3, 2015

"WE WILL NOT FEAR!"

Psalms 46:1-11                         (ESV)
"1 GOD is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 
2 Therefore "WE WILL NOT FEAR" though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, 
3 though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah 
4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of GOD, the holy habitation of the Most High. 
5 GOD is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; GOD will help her when morning dawns. 
6 The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; HE utters HIS voice, the earth melts. 
7 The LORD of hosts is with us; the GOD of Jacob is our fortress. Selah 
8 Come, behold the works of the LORD, how HE has brought desolations on the earth. 
9 HE makes wars cease to the end of the earth; HE breaks the bow and shatters the spear; HE burns the chariots with fire. 
10 "BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" 
11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the GOD of Jacob is our fortress."



From time to time I get frustrated with the way happenings transpire within my world.  Last night, upon going to bed, my scripture posting for the evening was Psalms 46:1-3.  Frustration and disappointment in the actions of others can be blown up to appear worse than they are.  IN MY OPINION, they don't do things that honor and glorify the GOD of the Bible!  HIS WORD is seemingly hardly consulted or considered by some.  

But GOD is not powerless that anything can happen outside of HIS plan.  Scripture records in Exodus 14:4 "And I (GOD) will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he (Pharaoh) will pursue them, and I (GOD) will GET GLORY over Pharaoh and all his host, and the Egyptians SHALL KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD." And they did so."  The children of Israel could only see calamity approaching.  Pharaoh and his army could only see victory in their future!  But GOD had HIS plan, and that plan was for HIM to "GET GLORY over Pharaoh and all his host, and the Egyptians SHALL KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD."

When things appear their bleakest and despair is imminent, that is usually when GOD shows up......and shows out!  Isaiah 55:8 says "For MY thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways MY ways, declares the LORD".  I must remember that we don't generally give GOD credit (Glory) unless HE does something Miraculous!  For HIM to be Glorified, things may have to appear hopeless.  "WE WILL NOT FEAR" as my GOD is bigger than any problem I may have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment