Friday, October 16, 2015

"CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY!"

John 18:2-12                              (ESV)
"2 Now Judas, who betrayed HIM, also knew the place, for JESUS often met there with his disciples.
3 So Judas, having procured a band of soldiers and some officers from the chief priests and the Pharisees, went there with lanterns and torches and weapons.
4 Then JESUS, knowing all that would happen to HIM, came forward and said to them, "Whom do you seek?"
5 They answered HIM, "JESUS of Nazareth." JESUS said to them, "I AM HE." Judas, who betrayed HIM, was standing with them.
6 When JESUS said to them, "I AM HE," they drew back and fell to the ground.
7 So HE asked them again, "Whom do you seek?" And they said, "JESUS of Nazareth."
8 Jesus answered, "I told you that "I AM HE". So, if you seek ME, let these men go."
9 This was to FULFILL THE WORD that HE had spoken: "Of those whom you gave ME I have lost not one."
10 Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant and cut off his right ear. (The servant's name was Malchus.)
11 So JESUS said to Peter, "Put your sword into its sheath; shall I not drink the cup that the FATHER has given ME?"
12 So the band of soldiers and their captain and the officers of the Jews arrested JESUS and bound HIM."



Sometimes I am humbled so much by GOD speaking to me through HIS Word, even when I think I am finished studying!  This passage of scripture was used yesterday for GOD to show me HE has a Plan, and that Plan might (and probably does) involve personal sacrifice, and maybe humiliation, for HIS Glory!

While going back over my "devotional", GOD brought out a couple of things that I didn't mention.  Number one, even Judas was used to fulfill prophecy (Zechariah 11:12-13)!  The thirty pieces of silver didn't just arbitrarily become the price that JESUS  was betrayed for.  It was part of GOD's Plan!  There are something's that I may not understand WHY or WHEN they happen, but GOD is in control and HIS Plan is what I will trust!

Judas "procured a band of soldiers and some officers from the chief priests and the Pharisees" according to John 18:3.  I'm sure that these were not weaklings drafted from the "rejects" of society, rather the word soldiers brings to mind strength and might.  But scripture points out in John 16:6 "When JESUS said to them, "I AM HE," THEY DREW BACK AND FELL TO THE GROUND".  Had the followers of JESUS been so inclined, they could have easily overtaken them, or at least escaped.  But GOD's Plan wouldn't have been fulfilled then!

How many times do I see a confrontation with the enemy ahead in my future and I avoid it with everything that is within me?  GOD is looking for some people who will let HIM occupy their bodies to fight the enemy.  Am I strong enough Christian to be used of HIM in this manner?  Or am I one of those weaklings left at home to avoid battle?

In Joshua 24:15 (KJV) it is written "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, "CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY" whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, WE WILL serve the LORD".  There is no DRAWING BACK AND FALLING ON THE GROUND when you "CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY" correctly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment