Thursday, October 22, 2015

"I WILL GET GLORY!"



Exodus 14:1-4                           (ESV)
"1 Then the LORD said to Moses,
2 "Tell the people of Israel to turn back and encamp in front of Pi-hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea, in front of Baal-zephon; you shall encamp facing it, by the sea.
3 For Pharaoh will say of the people of Israel, 'They are wandering in the land; the wilderness has shut them in.'
4 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he will pursue them, and "I WILL GET GLORY" over Pharaoh and all his host, and the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD." And they did so."




Several years ago I begin a practice of using the "NOTES" App on my phone/tablet to put reminders and things I wanted to remember later, such as business appointments, sermon notes, and Bible verses in a format where I could research them later.  A wise friend, whom I respect and admire deeply, said to me while I was typing a NOTE, "Writing helps crystallize my thoughts and enables me to better articulate my deductions".  There are times I begin writing with no preset conclusion where my thoughts are taking me, and when I get through it seems GOD was leading me through the entire process.

MANY days I begin my Quiet Time with NO IDEA what GOD is saying to me, nor where HE is going.  It seems my mind has been on the word "CHOOSE" the past few days.  When we "CHOOSE" we ultimately have consequences.  The consequences are what often determine if I think I have made wise CHOICES.  But COMFORT and CONVENIENCE should not be the determining factor of whether the CHOICES made were best.  JESUS said in John 16:33 "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world YOU WILL HAVE tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." If we are HIS, tribulation is SURE to follow!  Get ready!!!  But also know HE has overcome the world!!

The children of Israel, I'm sure, thought that they had made a bad CHOICE when they followed Moses to the banks of the Red Sea.  Mountains were to their left and right, a vast sea was before them, and the Egyptian Army was approaching from behind them.  There was no where to turn!  GOD had led them to a place unlike any other in the world SO "HE" COULD BE GLORIFIED!!!  I'm sure their level of COMFORT and CONVENIENCE was not their main concern, rather being delivered from the quandary they were in.

GOD has a uncanny way of taking the random thoughts of a servant and using them to glorify HIM.  It may SEEM like HE is leading me to the edge of destruction, but HE said in Exodus 14:4 "I WILL GET GLORY" over Pharaoh and his hosts, and then my favorite part, "And they did so"!!!  The same GOD WHO led the Children of Israel into the Promised Land continues leading HIS children today.  Whether I am writing a devotional, selling an insurance policy, teaching a Sunday School class, or driving my car down the highway, HE WILL GET GLORY in my life!  I CHOOSE to follow HIM and pray that HE WILL GET GLORY in everything I do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment