Thursday, July 6, 2017

"EVEN THOUGH!"

Psalms 23:4-5                    (ESV)
"4 "EVEN THOUGH" I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for YOU are with me; YOUR rod and YOUR staff, they comfort me. 
5 YOU prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; YOU anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows."


Dr. Charles Stanley says that when he was going through a difficult time in his life, he was questioning GOD about what his enemies were doing to him.  GOD then told him, "You've got to see it all as coming from ME"!  He said when he was able to do that, it "totally transformed" his life!  

So if GOD sees fit for me to go through the "valley of the shadow of death", who am I to complain?  HE gave HIS SON for me on Calvary and I should have no qualms about serving HIM while I am here on earth.  Often there are those who will complain about the path that GOD has placed them on.  As a matter of fact, there have been many times that I have cried out to GOD begging HIM for relief from my predicament, when in reality, I might should have requested enough strength and grace to get me through the difficulty. 

GOD doesn't choose us based on how much we have to offer HIM, nor how much money we can add to HIS coffers!  We are chosen because GOD's grace and HIS Plan for our lives.  The scripture above doesn't say IF BAD/SAD TIMES BEFALL US, it says "EVEN THOUGH" I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I WILL FEAR NO EVIL, for YOU are with me; YOUR rod and YOUR staff, they comfort me".  Having FAITH that "EVEN THOUGH" there may be trials and tribulations in my future, GOD will always be there to guide and direct me in the way HE would have me go.  


As HE leads me through this life, I may have to experience more pitfalls than I would prefer.  But "EVEN THOUGH" HE leads me into a storm, I have the assurance that HE is still in control and HE hasn't seen a problem that befuddles HIM!  Thank YOU HEAVENLY FATHER for YOUR companionship when YOU are leading me, "EVEN THOUGH" at times we are walking in the dark!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment