Tuesday, July 25, 2017

"OWN DOING!"

Ephesians 2:8-10                       (ESV)
"8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your "OWN DOING"; it is the gift of GOD,
9 not a result of works, SO THAT NO ONE SHOULD BOAST.
10 For we are HIS workmanship, created in CHRIST JESUS for good works, which GOD prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."



So many times I hear people when asked if they are going to Heaven say that "I'm doing the best I can!", thinking that they actually have something to do with their salvation.  The scripture above tells us rather plainly that it is not your "OWN DOING", that JESUS CHRIST "completed" salvation for ALL on Calvary!  

As for me, I try to err on the side of caution and not to say or do anything that I have not been specifically instructed to by the Holy Spirit of GOD!  In Exodus 14:14 (ESV) scripture records "The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent."   One of the greatest miracles ever witnessed by mankind, the crossing of the Red Sea, and GOD ALMIGHTY didn't allow humans to interfere, for surely we would have messed things up royally!  HE alone received ALL of the Glory as Pharaoh and all his hosts went down into history, and the Red Sea! 

And THE GREATEST MIRACLE of all was when GOD sent HIS SON to earth just so HE could be rejected by, not only a sinful world, but even HIS closest friends, in order that our sin debt could be paid in full!  Now I have often thought that I would not have allowed a friend of mine to be brutally beaten and crucified for me and my sins, but GOD's Plan demanded that HIS Perfection be offered as a sacrifice.  With someone interfering with their "OWN DOING", like I have often thought I would have done (John 18:13-27), I would have ruined the Perfect Plan!  And more than likely, I would have done so in order that I could BOAST!!


That is why that ALMIGHTY GOD didn't allow anyone to help JESUS during HIS torment and death, so that REDEMPTION would ALL be paid for by HIM.  GOD still has a Perfect Plan that HE has in place and HE doesn't need me trying to replace HIS Perfect Plan with our "OWN DOING"!  We aren't smart enough, nor do we love enough, to change to our "OWN DOING" over GOD's Perfect Plan, so why don't we allow HIM to be GOD and run the show?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment