Friday, July 28, 2017

"GOD LED THE PEOPLE!"

Exodus 13:17-22                                                   (ESV)
"17 When Pharaoh let the people go, GOD DID NOT LEAD THEM by way of the land of the Philistines, ALTHOUGH THAT WAS NEAR. For GOD said, "Lest the people change their minds when they see war and return to Egypt."
18 But "GOD LED THE PEOPLE" around by the way of the wilderness toward the Red Sea. And the people of Israel went up out of the land of Egypt equipped for battle.
19 Moses took the bones of Joseph with him, for Joseph had made the sons of Israel solemnly swear, saying, "GOD will surely visit you, and you shall carry up my bones with you from here."
20 And they moved on from Succoth and encamped at Etham, on the edge of the wilderness.
21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night.
22 The pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night did not depart from before the people."



My writings give evidence that the Exodus story of the children of Israel from Egyptian captivity is one that I continuously refer back to, as there seem to be so many lessons that GOD still uses to teach me in my daily walk with HIM.  Not only do I SEE my GOD's Supernatural imposition of HIS Divinity upon humanity, but recent scientific evidence has proven HIS Word to be precise in its depiction of what transpired.  And apparently, when GOD is leading us, HE doesn't necessarily lead us in the shortest, easiest, most comfortable path!

In the passage of scripture above, GOD does not lead the Israelites "by way of the land of the Philistines", although that was the shortest path to take.  HE led them "toward the Red Sea", because HE had a Plan to get Glory, not only over Pharaoh and all his hosts, but on the rest of the people who doubted that HE is/was/will be the ONE TRUE GOD!  GOD not only proved HIMSELF to the Egyptians, but everywhere "GOD LED THE PEOPLE"!  After 430 years of slavery, the people had become so accustomed to captivity that GOD didn't want them running back to their old ways at the first sign of trouble!  And that proved to be a good move!!

"GOD LED THE PEOPLE" with a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night, not by circumstance, but to fulfill their needs!  One modern day tutorial says "Even though the sun and moon is bright, the dust and humidity has a lower visibility for the traveler", so the Israelites NEEDED GOD to direct them in the way they needed to go.   HE didn't just lead them down the easiest path, HE led them where HE would gain the most Glory!  


There are times in my life when I have an short, easy path mapped out for myself and GOD interrupts my schedule for HIS PLAN!  Yes, "GOD LED THE PEOPLE" many years ago, but HE still leads HIS people today, even when HE has to do so with me kicking and screaming!  In my latter years, I am learning to trust that GOD loves me too much to lead me down a path of least resistance, but down a path where HE IS GLORIFIED!!!  My prayer is that I will recognize and follow HIS leadership!  

No comments:

Post a Comment