Wednesday, April 21, 2021

“THOUSAND YEARS!”

Revelation 20:4-6                                    (ESV)

[4] Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of JESUS and for the Word of GOD, and THOSE WHO HAD NOT WORSHIPED THE BEAST or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with CHRIST for a “THOUSAND YEARS”. [5] The rest of the dead did not come to life until the “THOUSAND YEARS” were ended. This is the first resurrection. [6] Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of GOD and of CHRIST, and they will reign with HIM for a “THOUSAND YEARS”.”


Noticing that I have a tendency to use the exclamation mark (❗️) quite often, I am aware of it and am trying to not be so excited about things in my writings.  That was brought to the forefront of my thinking this morning as I read these verses of Scripture.  In this translation of Scripture, Revelation 20:6 begins with “Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection!”  Noticing the exclamation mark, I wonder if the writer was excited about what he was writing???


Being one of the CHOSEN, selected from all of creation, to reign with JESUS on earth for a “THOUSAND YEARS” is something to be excited about!  (The exclamation mark was intended).  Hearing rumblings recently about NO MORE WARS got me to thinking, HOW can mankind exist for a “THOUSAND YEARS” with NO CONFLICT arising?  The ONLY WAY that seems possible is JESUS CHRIST will be reigning, along with we who are HIS CHOSEN!


It is VERY EXCITING to grasp a few years with no earthly conflict and everybody getting along with each other.  JESUS says in John 14:27 “PEACE I leave with you; MY PEACE I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid”!!!  Yes, I am VERY EXCITED about not only reigning with JESUS, but Satan being BOUND for a “THOUSAND YEARS” (Revelation 20:2) is something that we have never experienced!  Because of our FAITH IN HIM, THE CHOSEN will REIGN WITH JESUS for a “THOUSAND YEARS”!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment