Friday, February 8, 2013

BATTLE TIME!

Matthew 16:17; 23

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 

23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. 

This is one of the revealing passages in the Holy Bible.  In verse 17 JESUS is telling Peter that GOD is the only one who could have revealed "TRUTHS" to him.  In verse 23 JESUS is telling satan to "get thee behind me"!  

How can that be? Two opposing forces so closely manipulating the same man in Peter.  At times, I find myself in familiar territory!  I can be studying scripture and WHILE I AM READING it seems the enemy is placing thoughts in my head about what I "should" be doing instead of spending time with HIM!  

Ephesians 6:12 proclaims that our battle is not with tangible items.   "Against spiritual wickedness in high places" is the conclusive words of the passage.  The enemy uses any and all methods at his disposal to derail me from glorifying GOD ALMIGHTY!   And he fights hardest when the battle is in jeopardy!  

My prayer is that my life will reflect the "things that be of God" and not "those that be of men."   

No comments:

Post a Comment