Sunday, February 10, 2013

"Life in the fast lane!"

Nobody seems to have time for ANYTHING these days!  School, homework, ball practice, dance, church, choir, clubs, civic duties, job, and on and on.  It seems LIFE is so busy!

I have misappropriated more of the time given me and my family than I care to admit.  How many times have I carried my boys to ball practice, yet I neglected scripture reading?  How many times did I stay at School Board Meetings till after midnight, yet I did not have time to pray for Wisdom for my kids?  

GOD told Joshua in the book of Joshua 1:8 "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."

Joshua was leading the entire nation of Israel into the Promised Land.   If anyone was under pressure to perform it was him!  Yet GOD instructed him to meditate "day and night" so that he could enjoy "good success."!  

Why do I think I am more important than Joshua?  GOD has a plan.  We all have a place in that plan.  GOD may want to include us in HIS plan but we have to LISTEN to HIM to hear it. 

"BE STILL" (Psalms 46:10) is the verse GOD placed on my heart about 5 years ago.  I have grown more spiritually in the past 5 years than I did my previous 30 years of being a Christ follower.  GOD has shown me that HE can make us take time for HIM should HE so desire.  HE can make up "prosperous", so why don't we just let HIM?   

No comments:

Post a Comment