Tuesday, February 26, 2013

BATTLE INSTRUCTIONS!

Ephesians 6:10-13 (KJV)
"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

Whenever I get "frazzled" by life's hurriedness, I SLOW things down by reading one sentence per minute.  That allows me to ruminate over what I am putting into my brain (mind) (Romans 12:2).  

These verses deserve a slow "simmering" view of them.  BE STRONG means to know that satan IS going to attack you, and you had better be ready!   IN THE POWER OF HIS MIGHT reminds me that I rely on CHRIST to win my battles (John 17:23).  

PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD tells me that war is imminent, and it is not something to take lightly.   I need to come prepared for something that is going to last a LONG while!   STAND AGAINST THE WILES OF THE DEVIL means that the enemy is going to use any and everything imaginable to cloud my spiritual vision and get me "off course"!  The devil may even use trickery or deceitful things to further his work.   I should be ready for that!  

FOR WE WRESTLE NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD is a reminder to me that "others" are not the enemy!  The enemy may use others, or something they say or do, but the REAL enemy is the devil and the demons of hell!  

"But against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." let's me know that the enemy has many, many ways to attack us and we have to recognize them and what they are trying to accomplish.  WE MUST keep our focus on CHRIST to avoid seeing fakes!

When I consider the word STAND, my mind goes to George Washington at Valley Forge!  Dictionary.com offers this definition: "6. to remain firm or steadfast, as in a cause".   George Washington was committed to defeating tyranny.   We must develop the mentality that we are in the battle of our lives!  Our saving grace remains JESUS lives in us and HE has won the VICTORY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment