Saturday, February 2, 2013

FAITH

GOD has a way of using the strangest things to get my attention.  Today I was ruminating about some things and all if the sudden, it came to me!

When scripture says in 2 Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight",  it is telling me that I don't need to see how things will work out in the end!   That is having a roadmap.  I am to trust GOD for TODAY and HE will take care of tomorrow.  Matthew 6:33-34 has always been one of my favorite verses to quote.   "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.  "Therefore do not be anxious about TOMORROW, for TOMORROW will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."  

When we WALK in the daylight and we are not required to use as much faith.  But scripture does not say to use faith only when you need it!   "Walk by faith, not by sight" is not a suggestion to make our life easier.  It is an IDENTIFYING MARK that we possess to delineate "BELIEVERS" from "the world". 

Dictionary.com describes "believe" as:
Believe
verb (used with object)
1. to have confidence or FAITH in the truth of (a positive assertion, story, etc.); give credence to.
  
Tony Evans posted this recently: "Faith doesn't make sense. It makes miracles."  I am walking by faith and trusting GOD with my miracles of tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment