Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"GRANDMA!"

My grandmother was a tremendous influence on my life.   She made a great impact without even knowing she was.  I remember when we were growing up, "Grandma" would feed us lunch and then she would go to the living room and read her Bible.  I often wondered why someone needed to read "The Bible" when they seemingly knew everything.   

Grandma could do everything.   She could cook like no other person alive!  She made all of her clothes.  She kept a house that was a model for others.  Whenever we had "Family Reunions" untold family members would spend the night at grandma and grandpa's.  I did not understand why someone who appeared to "have it all together" would need to read the Bible daily?

As I have aged and grown more in GOD's WORD, I have realized that the reason my grandmother "had it all together" was she DID read her Bible daily!  Joshua 1:8 says "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."  

Grandma did not make a big deal about reading her Bible.   She would feed us lunch and then she would quietly retire to the living room and read.  But she made a tremendous impression on one 5 year-old boy!   I pray that I will "get it all together" someday and that when I do I exhibit that in my life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment