Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Five years!

Five years ago today I went to the doctors office to get a release to go back to work after my near fatal brain hemorrhage.   I also carried my mom with me to get the results from a mammogram she has performed earlier. 

I was excited about getting my "APPROVAL" to return to work.  It had been almost seven months since I had been at work and I desired to feel "needed"!  

We went to see my doctor and the same man who had seven months earlier witnessed GOD do a "miracle" (his word) with my life gave me a letter saying I was fit for work.  Then, he turned to my mom and said "Ms. Alice, you're tests show you have Stage 4 BREAST CANCER"!!  

My world STOPPED!  The woman who had birthed me was told her options, as far as treatment.  She quickly told the doctor "You are not putting any of that poison in my body"!  For the next 22 days I stayed with her day and night.  I told my doctor privately that she had suffered most of her life raising us.   I did not want her to suffering.  He said we could keep her comfortable.  .  

On February 27 my mom went on a trip....to HEAVEN!  She had never been able to enjoy traveling much.  She gave her life for three children.  My two sisters and I had LOVE like few others. We were not afforded a lot of luxuries, but the legacy she left me was one of self sacrifice for eternal gain.  

Her journey was now complete!  She is HOME!  1 Peter 1:4 says "To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you."  I miss you Momma!   "Incorruptible and undefiled" will I join you someday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment