Thursday, February 21, 2013

"I want PEACE!"



We were recently informed of the death of another "STAR", according to the press, whose life was cut short due to challenges in their life.  I have intentionally omitted names of people who have left this life, for the circumstances surrounding their life/death are not the point needing to be considered.  

Richard Pryor said in an interview on "E Television" in the early 90's when asked if he could do it all over again, what would he change?  His response has made an impact in my life.  He simply said "I want PEACE"!  He did not want more money, fame, bigger roles in movies....he wanted the thing that money could not buy!  

The BIBLE reminds us over and over to "BE STILL", "wait on the LORD", 
"BE PATIENT" and on and on.  JESUS recognized the need for the body to NOT to be constantly "under pressure"!   HE brought PEACE to this world, yet most of us keep searching for it.   In John 14:27 JESUS says  "PEACE I leave with you, my PEACE I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
 
Then in John 16:33 HE speaks "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have PEACE. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."  HE has overcome ALL the stress and turmoil the enemy tries to place on us.   If only we would REST in HIM!
 
Psalms 37:7  "Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass."

No comments:

Post a Comment