Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"AN EMPTY HANDED GOD???"

Exodus 14:29-31   (NASB)
"But the sons of Israel walked on dry land through the midst of the sea, and the waters were like a wall to them on their right hand and on their left. Thus the Lord saved Israel that day from the hand of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians dead on the seashore. When Israel saw the great power which the Lord had used against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord, and they believed in the Lord and in His servant Moses."

The entire 14th Chapter of Exodus amazes me.   The children of Israel were delivered from the hands of the Egyptians, even when their unbelief was prevalent.  In verse 11 they questioned Moses saying "Is it because there were no graves in Egypt that you have taken us away to die in the wilderness?"  

They had their focus on their problems.   Rather than focusing on the GOD who had just delivered them from captivity, they were consumed with the problems that GOD already had worked out. 

In verse 29 scripture records the "waters were like a wall to them on their right hand and on their left. ".  Yet, GOD provided "dry land" for HIS children to cross the Red Sea.   GOD has to let me get to the waters so deep sometimes that HE is my only way out!  The enemy will pursue me, but GOD has victory when the water is deep enough for HIM to be glorified!   HE WILL PREVAIL! 

In Exodus 14:14, it is written "The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent."   GOD doesn't need our help.  HE doesn't need us to swim half was across the Red Sea, and then HE will save us.  HE is our salvation and sustainer.   GOD not only provides the way, in John 14:6 that HE is the Way!  

GOD is sovereign.  Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is in HIS control.  HE can allow trials and circumstances in my life to mold and shape me into the vessel HE desires me to be.  Whether I am moving up and down the banks of my own Red Sea, or walking through my Red Sea on "dry ground" HE has provided, My focus should be on HIM, not my surroundings.   The question is.....AM I GOING TO TRUST HIM?  

No comments:

Post a Comment