Friday, August 2, 2013

"RIVERS IN THE DESERT!"

Isaiah 43:18-21    (KJV)
"Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.  Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and RIVERS IN THE DESERT.  The beast of the field shall honour ME, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen. This people have I formed for MYSELF; they shall shew forth MY praise."

GOD has a way of constantly displaying HIS power and majesty.  One's "EYES" need to develop a better ability to "SEE" the handiwork of a "Master Creator", much like one who appreciates fine art!  In v.19 GOD says "Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; SHALL YE NOT KNOW IT?" 

 GOD is able to "give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people", but are we prepared to drink when we can't see water?  

The Children of Israel were progressing on the journey into the Promised Land.  In Joshua 5, GOD had Joshua circumcise all of the Israelites, young and old.  It seems the Israelites had "forgotten" their covenant made with GOD in Genesis 17.  GOD had to get them "back on track"  and so HE told Joshua to circumcise them, and he obeyed.  The procedure was set to be done when a baby was eight days old, when the "PAIN" is not remembered as well.  Since the Israelites disobeyed, they had to endure the "PAIN" of adult circumcision. 

Mark 10:27 says "And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible."  HE is willing to provide "rivers in the desert", but are we willing to be SANCTIFIED by HIM??  I pray that HE will make my heart willing to serve HIM......no matter the cost!!

No comments:

Post a Comment