Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"DRY GROUND!"

Exodus 14:14-16    (KJV)
"The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.  And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward: But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on DRY GROUND  through the midst of the sea."

The children of Israel were fleeing from the Egyptians.  The Egyptians had experienced a change of heart (v.8) and were coming after them.  The children of Israel (v.10) saw the Egyptians coming after them and they were "sore afraid"!  

But in verse 15, GOD told Moses to tell the Israelites to proceed forward.  In plain "red neck terms", HE said "Don't cry to ME!  Get to crossing the RED SEA!" (Big Ray Version!) HE was willing to do HIS part by dividing the Red Sea, but the children of Israel had to do their part by trusting in HIM!   

Sometimes I want the path made clear and perfect before I start on my journey.  Like the children of Israel, I want everything to be just perfect, all of the details worked out.  But, I believe GOD may be telling me,  "Don't cry to ME!  Get to crossing the RED SEA!"  

GOD even prepared the way for the Israelites!   Verse 16 says that "Israel shall go on DRY GROUND  through the midst of the sea."  One would have thought the bottom of the Red Sea would have sediment and mud, but GOD provided a "DRY GROUND" portion for safe passage!   GOD did (and does) things for HIS children that boggles the mind sometimes! 

GOD was big enough to save my soul.  GOD was big enough to bring me through a brain hemorrhage.  GOD is big enough to stop me if I am headed down the wrong trail, and set me feet in HIS path.  I TRUST HIM!  

No comments:

Post a Comment