Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"TRUST!"

Psalms 4:8   (ESV)
"In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. "

I came into our home recently, and a television show discussing natural  sleep aids was being broadcast.  The doctor was discussing using Magnolia Bark Extract (MBE) as something to help you get back to sleep once you wake up for the bathroom break.  I am considering its use.  

There is nothing "sweeter" than a good nights rest!   I used to get a limited amount of sleep.  "Sleep was something you do when you can't do anything else" was my approach!  But, since the brain hemorrhage, I usually sleep 8-10 hours a night. 

This verse truly speaks to me.  When you go to bed "stressed" and "worried", your sleep is affected.  When your sleep is affected, all kinds of health concerns follow.  

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep" does not lend itself to a lifestyle of trying to "figure things out" on your own. "TRUST" in The Lord means that you are relying on HIM for everything.  If we only trust HIM for the tough things, the smaller things will eventually be the things that engulf us.  The Bible instructs us to TRUST HIM in the Old and New Testaments.   

If we are "TRUSTING" in HIM, then the making "me dwell in safety" is a piece of cake!   Proverbs 3:5-6 says "TRUST in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."   THE KEY IS "TRUST"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment