Saturday, August 10, 2013

"HARVEST TIME!"

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14   (NASB)
"The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: FEAR God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil."

The message that certain "WORDS" deliver may not be the meaning in which they were spoken.  The word "FEAR" is one of those words.   FEAR is most associated with concern over danger.  

But, I remember my upbringing, I was fearful of discipline in a different way.  I knew that while the person who was disciplining me loved me, the PAIN that was imminent was scary to me!  I knew I had "messed up" and had to be punished, but I didn't want to reap the fruit of the seeds I had planted!  It has been said that "Most of us sow our wild oats, and then pray for crop failure!"  Galatians 6:7 says it better, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."  GOD allows us to plant the seeds we desire, yet the harvesting of those seeds is sometimes painful!  

When the writer of Ecclesiastes wrote to "FEAR" GOD, I am not sure he meant for us to check under our beds to see if the boogy man was there!  Rather, don't do something that an ALL-LOVING GOD will have to discipline you for later.  The love of GOD is immeasurable and knows no bounds.   And the reason HE disciplines us is because of that LOVE!  HE knows the harvest time will come!  

No comments:

Post a Comment