Friday, August 9, 2013

"CHAD AND MELISSA EDGINGTON"

The Associate Pastor/Music Minister at our church has accepted the Senior Pastor position at a church in Olney, Texas.  Chad Edgington's last Sunday at our church will be August 18.  

GOD has used Chad to teach me more than a few things.  I pray that I have encouraged and supported him during his tenure at our fellowship.  I love the way GOD allows certain people's lives to intersect our lives to accomplish HIS plan.   

Galatians 1:15-17 reveals "But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:  Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus."  In the scripture above, the Apostle Paul was sent to Arabia and Damascus, not to Jerusalem or some other place "comfortable"!  Whether we are in our hometown or in Zimbabwe, unless we are fulfilling  GOD's plan for our lives, we will not experience true joy.  

GOD may not call me to Arabia or Damascus, Syria, but GOD's plan for each of our lives involves us glorifying HIS name!   Whether it be for three years (Paul in Damascus) or two weeks (Paul in Jerusalem to visit Peter), GOD has a plan for everyone to maximize their spiritual effectiveness.  

I pray that GOD continues to use Chad and Melissa for HIS glory in Olney, Texas.  And in the future, as HE guides them, I pray for them to follow HIS leadership in their lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment