Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"HE WILL!"

Deuteronomy 31:1-6                        (KJV)
"1 And Moses went and spake these words unto all Israel.
2 And he said unto them, I am an hundred and twenty years old this day; I can no more go out and come in: also the LORD hath said unto me, Thou shalt not go over this Jordan.
3 The LORD thy GOD, "HE WILL" GO OVER BEFORE THEE, and "HE WILL" destroy these nations from before thee, and thou shalt possess them: and Joshua, HE shall go over before thee, as the LORD hath said.
4 And the LORD shall do unto them as he did to Sihon and to Og, kings of the Amorites, and unto the land of them, whom HE destroyed.
5 And the LORD shall give them up before your face, that ye may do unto them according unto all the commandments which I have commanded you.
6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy GOD, HE it is that doth go with thee; "HE WILL" not fail thee, nor forsake thee."




If GOD is everything to us, why do we talk about all evil and turmoil surrounding us?  Why do we say we have the HOLY SPIRIT living inside of us, yet we worry about a medical test, or next month's bills?  Numerous scriptures are filled with HIS promise to go before us and provide all our needs.  But we want to fret and figure out things we really have no control over?

The children of Israel were delivered from the captivity of the Egyptians, the most feared army of that day, by GOD parting the Red Sea.  Not only did GOD save HIS people, HE completely obliterated the dreadful enemy at the same time!  Exodus 14:28 says "not so much as one of them" (Egyptians) remained.  And wouldn't you know it, no sooner than GOD had delivered them from one obstacle, the Israelites started crying because they didn't have food and water for their journey!

Regretfully, I exhibit the same lack of FAITH in my journey of life.  GOD has worked miraculous things in my life, only to have me start wondering how HE is going to get me through the next hardship.  While I should be honoring and praising HIM for the successes HE has allowed me to be a part of, I want to start complaining about the food running short or the water being to warm!  We are created to glorify HIM, not for HIM to be our "piggy-bank" in the sky!

The words "HE WILL", or HE shall, or HE did, fill the six verses above!  GOD desires to fulfill our needs and desires, HE only wants us to praise and honor HIM!  When we start trying to figure out how we can help HIM, it is akin to us saying we don't trust GOD ALMIGHTY!  GOD delivered the Israelites into the Promised Land and HE desires to do the same for me. All I have to do is follow HIM and let fight my battles!  "HE WILL" not fail me, and "HE WILL" not forsake me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment