Friday, January 16, 2015

"MINE ENEMIES!"

2 Samuel 22:38-42                    (KJV)
"38 I have pursued "MINE ENEMIES", and DESTROYED them; and turned not again until I had consumed them.
39 And I have consumed them, and wounded them, that THEY COUNT NOT ARISE: yea, they are fallen under my feet.
40 For thou hast girded me with strength to battle: them that rose up against me hast thou subdued under me.
41 THOU HAST ALSO GIVEN ME THE NECKS OF "MINE ENEMIES", that I might DESTROY them that hate me.
42 They looked, but there was 







none to save; even unto the LORD, but he answered them not."



King David was one of the mightiest warriors to ever live.  Yet, he was also known as a shepherd boy who tended his fathers sheep.  He was not perfect, and his failures are well documented in scripture.  But he has a heart for GOD that was unmistakable!  GOD blessed HIS children (Israel) while David was their leader.  The tiny nation of Israel conquered "MINE ENEMIES" during King David's reign, not because of King David's superior skills on the battlefield, but because Israel acknowledged GOD for who HE was and is! 

Today the world refuses to identify the enemy for who he really is.  YHWH is a just and righteous GOD and HE will share HIS glory with no other.  Isaiah 42:8 says "am the LORD: that is my name: and MY GLORY WILL I NOT GIVE TO ANOTHER, neither my praise to graven images."  We cannot allow any other god to be considered equal to I AM, GOD JEHOVAH.  

In 2 Samuel 22:2-4 scripture records "And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The GOD of my rock; in HIM will I trust: HE is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my SAVIOUR; thou savest me from violence.  I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies."  King David not only identified with GOD JEHOVAH, he was friends with HIM.  Because of David's close relationship with GOD, David could identify the enemy and he understood the enemy needed to be destroyed (2 Samuel 22:41)!  

We need to identify the enemy in our lives.  The best way to properly identify the enemy is to be close friends with GOD JEHOVAH!  "MINE ENEMIES" will make themselves readily known when the meet up with GOD (Acts 19:15).  The enemy will be self-identified when he is exposed to TRUTH!  I pray my life will be so friendly with GOD that "MINE ENEMIES" will recognize HIM in everything I say and do.  
 







No comments:

Post a Comment