Wednesday, April 13, 2016

"AND THE LORD SAID!"

Luke 18:1-7                                  (ESV)
"1 And HE told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart.
2 HE said, "In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared GOD nor respected man.
3 And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, 'Give me justice against my adversary.'
4 For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, 'Though I neither fear GOD nor respect man,
5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.'"
6 "AND THE LORD SAID", "Hear what the unrighteous judge says.
7 And will not GOD give justice to HIS elect, who cry to HIM day and night? Will he delay long over them?"



While during HIS earthly ministry, JESUS was known to frequently speak in parables, or figurative illustrations.  In this scenario JESUS spoke about "a judge who neither feared GOD nor respected man" when instructing HIS disciples to PRAY "constantly and incessantly".  Basically, this figurative man JESUS spoke of did not care about GOD or people, he just wanted this widow to go on and leave him alone!  The judge who didn't care about anyone said "because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming".

The next words JUMP off the page to me, "AND THE LORD SAID"!  GOD, the Creator of the Universe, came to earth in the form of JESUS,and proclaimed "AND THE LORD SAID" to HIS disciples!  Did you ever think about continually going before the GOD of Creation with a prayer request to show how serious your burden is to you?  JESUS said THE FATHER will "give justice to HIS elect" when we do.  The idea that we are even permitted to speak to our Creator is something I haven't been able to wrap my mind around!  But to have the privilege is something that we all seemingly ignore or overlook as we try to fit into "this world"!

Being someone who "fears" GOD immensely, I have always taken the approach that if GOD wanted me to have something, HE would give it to me.  But seeing this particular directive in the verses might have been a Divine revelation at just the right time in my life.  GOD has a way of showing me certain scriptures exactly when I need to see them to accomplish HIS Plan!  It's almost like HE has had them on the pages for two thousand years, but decided to "open my eyes" to these words just recently!  Just as when Elijah spoke in 2 Kings 6:17-19 and requested that eyes be opened and eyes be blinded, sometimes I can read a familiar scripture and have a enlightening experience.

GOD THE FATHER must have hidden this verse from my eyes UNTIL NOW!  From now on, I will be like a child desiring a present from their parent, continually beseeching the HEAVENLY THRONE with my petitions FOR HIS GLORY to be revealed through my life to mankind!   One sure way to demonstrate our FAITH is to "pray and not lose heart".  Since GOD is SPIRIT (John 4:24) and HE isn't limited by earthly confounds, HE can hear from as many as who call upon HIM when we are in HIS will (1 John 5:14).   We just need to make sure we ask to glorify HIS Name and we are listening for and to "AND THE LORD SAID"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment