Monday, April 11, 2016

"THUS SAITH THE LORD!"

1 Kings 17:13-16                                    (ESV)
"13 And Elijah said to her, DO NOT FEAR; go and do as you have said. But first make me a little cake of it and bring it to me, and afterward make something for yourself and your son.
14 For "THUS SAYS THE LORD", the GOD of Israel, 'The jar of flour shall not be spent, and the jug of oil shall not be empty, until the day that the LORD sends rain upon the earth.'"
15 And she went and did as Elijah said. And she and he and her household ate for many days.
16 The jar of flour was not spent, neither did the jug of oil become empty, according to the word of the LORD that he spoke by Elijah."



At least for me, it is very difficult when a thought is placed in my mind that excites me to my core yet there is NO WAY for me to make "the dream" come true.  It seems I desire to have a glimpse of what GOD may be wanting to do and yet my desire to figure out a way to make the dream come true consumes my thought patterns.  Formerly I was known for making things happen and that WAS my calling card, but when my brain hemorrhaged in 2007 I lost a lot of my ability to "figure things out"?  Since, I have had to become more dependent on hearing, and obeying, the Voice of THE LORD in my life.

Elijah evidently never had great wealth or earthly possessions, but he did know how to hear from YAHWEH and his faith in what he heard was unshakable!  In 1 Kings 17, verses 2 & 8 both says "the word of the LORD came to him".  Elijah had received a word from the LORD, therefore he KNEW everything was going work out the way GOD had said.  Being confident of that end, he told the woman to use what appeared to be her last flour and oil for him food first, and then she would not run out of flour or oil until the famine was over.

Now giving up provisions for me would be easier than taking food from my children or grandchildren.  When a request was made to feed Elijah before her son, it must have taken a tremendous amount of faith to obey?  1 Kings 17:15 says "And she went and did as Elijah said. And she and he and her household ate for many days."  She went and did as GOD had spoken through Elijah and because of her obedience she and her son were sustained when all hope was lost!

We should all draw comfort from this passage of scripture as when "THUS SAITH THE LORD" is involved, there is no reason to FEAR!  Although we may be down to our last meal we can always claim what "THUS SAITH THE LORD" and rest in HIS promises.  If GOD has placed something on your heart that seems too great for you to accomplish, it maybe because HE is going to provide in a way that ONLY HE can get glory from!  Always remember what "THUS SAYS THE LORD" and let HIM figure everything else out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment