Tuesday, April 26, 2016

"SPIT YOU OUT!"

Revelation 3:15-17                     (ESV)
"15 "'I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot!
16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will "SPIT YOU OUT" of my mouth.
17 For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked."


Have you ever taken a drink of something and it temperature of the beverage been so vile it causes you to feel almost nauseous!  Take coffee as an example, I prefer my coffee to be not SCALDING hot, but hot enough to cleanse my mouth and throat of the unpleasantness left from a night of sleeping.  I understand there are some who enjoy iced coffee.  But when the coffee has become room temperature it is hard to ingest and makes me want to "SPIT YOU OUT" of my mouth!

When we become lukewarm we usually don't make a difference in our environment.  A steaming HOT cup of coffee will not be accepted too well amongst iced coffee, and not visa versa.  GOD is telling us HE prefers us to make a CHOICE to remain HOT, like coffee that has been left on the cup warmer!  When we become lukewarm, our time in the Word of GOD and our prayer life are usually the first casualties!  In my case, I become so busy with the things of "this world", with meetings and appointments, with things to assure my worldly "SUCCESS", that I can neglect the things that draw me closer to GOD, the things that REALLY matter?!?

Miss Clara, from the WAR ROOM movie, said while serving a cup of coffee to her and Elizabeth Jordan, "Oh no, I like mine piping hot!"  Miss Clara had served Elizabeth a cup of lukewarm coffee that wasn't fit to drink.   We experience a little worldly "SUCCESS" and begin to start focusing more on the "SUCCESS" than our Creator and that is where our demise begins!  Verse 17 above says "FOR YOU SAY, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked".  But in Matthew 6:33 JESUS SAID "But SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD and HIS righteousness, and ALL these things will be added to you".

Knowing the price JESUS CHRIST paid to redeem my soul is a humbling thing!  Why do I prefer to seek earthly riches and fame that will one day be burned like wood, hay and stubble when my soul has been ransomed from hell?  Everything within me should glorify the Name above all Names, the Name of JESUS CHRIST!  My desire is to be a STEAMING HOT cup of coffee with a BOLD, RICH AROMA pleasing to HIS taste, and not something that will cause HIM to "SPIT YOU OUT"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment