Tuesday, May 16, 2017

"FOR THE SAKE OF CHRIST!"

2 Corinthians 12:9-10                  (ESV)
"9 But HE said to me, "MY grace is sufficient for you, for MY power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will BOAST ALL THE MORE GLADLY OF MY WEAKNESSES, so that the power of CHRIST may rest upon me.
10 FOR THE SAKE OF CHRIST, then, I am CONTENT WITH WEAKNESSES, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."





I'm not sure if the Apostle Paul was a muscled up man or not, but I am 6'6" 290lbs and have always been strong enough to basically do whatever needed to be done.  However, the recent surgery I had has limited my ability to use my strength, as you can't push or pull without using your upper body strength, something I currently don't have access to.  I can see what NEEDS to be done, and I have the muscles to perform the work, but this scar on the breastbone tells me that I have to wait another month or so before I can use those muscles!  The ramifications of not following my instructions are painful, I'm sure, and I hope I'm wise enough to adhere to wise counsel!!

Attempting to repair my riding mower Saturday was a prime example.  All I need to do is change two spindles, something I have previously done with no problems.  I had gotten my mower out and began taking some bolts out, but I came to one that was in a position where I was needing to exert a bit more muscle than I felt comfortable doing.  Now I am going to have to wait until someone can help me, or until I am better able to get the bolt loose myself.  And did I BOAST ALL THE MORE GLADLY OF MY WEAKNESSES like Apostle Paul?  I wish I could say I did, but I was upset that I was unable to do that what I thought I should be able to do!  

The LORD has already proven to me just last week that HE was able to take care of my needs.  And here I am already trying to take control again and do things within my own STRENGTH!  When I observe CHRIST and all HE has done for me, why should I get unsettled when things don't happen exactly when I think they should?  My condition has me rather WEAK right now, and I pledge "FOR THE SAKE OF CHRIST" to be CONTENT WITH WEAKNESSES and hardships!  


Learning the lesson of WAITING ON THE LORD is one of the toughest things I have ever experienced.  Could it be that GOD has me in a temporary position of WEAKNESS so that HE can be Glorified?  Who am I to try and rob HIM of being the supplier of my needs?  Maybe I should submit myself to HIM and acknowledge that "FOR THE SAKE OF CHRIST" I will display my WEAKNESSES so HIS power may rest upon me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment