Wednesday, May 10, 2017

"WAIT, I SAY, UPON THE LORD!"

Psalms 27:14                          (KJV)
"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and HE shall strengthen thine heart: "WAIT, I SAY, ON THE LORD".




Sometimes you have to be listening intently to GOD ALMIGHTY to hear the message HE is trying to teach you.   Recently I was convalescing at home from an operation.  As I didn't have anything else to do I noticed the length of the grass in my yard was beginning to look rather unkempt.  A friend of mine responded to my need, but his mower broke about 10 minutes into the job, and the grass continued to grow!  Since I had cut the grass the day I went to the hospital three weeks prior, it wasn't out of control, but it was needing to be cut, and quickly!  

Being released by my doctor on Wednesday, I went to the office on Thursday and Friday.   I left the office early Friday and went to the lawn mower shop to see if I could buy a part for my mower that would get me by for a couple of weeks.  Sure enough, I was told that the only fix for my problem was to do extensive work on my mower, and they couldn't get to it for three weeks.  I came home a bit dejected but knowing GOD was in control, but wanting to get my yard mowed! 

Upon arriving at my home my grass had just been cut, and my neighbors yard was cut as well!  I had cut her yard the day I went to the hospital as she only has a push mower and it is a huge task for her to cut her yard.  I saw another neighbor finishing up mowing her yard, so I knew who GOD used to accomplish HIS work for HIM.  Emotions overcame me and so I didn't go out and thank the man mowing, but I did leave him a card on his door very soon afterward.  


GOD hardly ever operates on my timeline.  As a matter of fact, HE usually is behind where I think things should happen.  How wonderful it will be when I realize and finally understand that I must "WAIT, I SAY, ON THE LORD"?  

No comments:

Post a Comment