Thursday, August 10, 2017

"EXCEEDINGLY ASTONISHED!"

Mark 10:23-27                                           (ESV)
"23 And JESUS looked around and said to his disciples, "How difficult it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of GOD!"
24 And the disciples were amazed at HIS words. But JESUS said to them again, "Children, how difficult it is to enter the kingdom of GOD!
25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of GOD."
26 And they were "EXCEEDINGLY ASTONISHED", and said to HIM, "Then who can be saved?"
27 JESUS looked at them and said, "With man it is impossible, but not with GOD. For all things are possible with GOD."



Recently in a church prayer meeting there was a request shared of a person who had been given a gloomy guess by a physician that they "were 90% sure" that cancer would be her diagnosis.   My first thought was sympathetic as the word itself brings memories of family members who have succumbed to the dreaded disease.   But almost immediately my mind went to my recent heart surgery less than four months ago and the amazingly painless recovery and I quickly realized that my GOD isn't bound by what a physician or medical book says!  

One of my favorite quotes is from Billy Sunday who said "We have a GOD WHO delights in impossibilities"!  Then I remember my doctor from the Rehabilitation Hospital 10 years ago saying of my case, "I can still picture the worst paralysis during the rehabilitation program & profound difficulty even positioning in bed, & even the room where I began his history & physical exam to begin the process!  I"m still amazed!" and I was quickly humbled.   

Why do we tend to limit what WE THINK GOD is capable of when JESUS (GOD in the flesh) tells us that with GOD "all things are possible"?  JESUS also told us that we would do greater things than HE did after HE left us, IF WE BELIEVE IN HIM??  


So WHY don't we trust in HIM?  Don't get me wrong, there are some people that's mission on earth is complete and they are ushered into Heaven.  Even JESUS suffered death on Calvary, but it didn't stick in HIS case!  But HIS WORDS are as true today as they were when HE spoke them, we just need to have our eyes opened to SEE them!  When we are able to SEE what GOD is capable of, we will be "EXCEEDINGLY ASTONISHED" by the results!  My prayer is that I am ready to SEE what HE can do.  Are you???

No comments:

Post a Comment