Friday, December 14, 2012

Newtown, CT

While I am sickened by the tragic, senseless events in Newtown, CT recently, I am likewise sickened by the politicians wanting a discussion about Gun Control!  Folks, those guns didn't kill or injure a single person!  A mentally deranged person killed the students and adults.  

How many people have to die or be injured before the United States of America realizes that we have turned our backs on GOD and now HE is letting us reap our rewards!  My former preacher used to say "A lot of Christians want to sow their wild oats while they are young, and then spend their latter years praying for crop failure".  

I hurt for the families affected by the murderer in Connecticut.   As a nation I pray that we will head the words of GOD spoken to Solomon in 2 Chronicles 7:14 that says "14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."  Sooner or later we MUST realize where our strength comes from.  

No comments:

Post a Comment