Saturday, December 8, 2012

What AMERICA needs!

When will America realize that the last GREAT President the United States DID NOT waiver in HIS faith to The ALMIGHTY.   The following are excerpts from "THE FAITH OF RONALD REAGAN" written by Chuck Donovan:


“Whatever happens now I owe my life to God and will try to serve him in every way I can.”  President Ronald Reagan. 

The entry for April 11, 1981, contains a much longer statement about what went through President Reagan’s mind as he lay on the operating table at George Washington Hospital. It says a great deal about the nature of his faith and its impact on him as well as others:

"Getting shot hurts. Still my fear was growing because no matter how hard I tried to breathe it seemed I was getting less & less air. I focused on that tiled ceiling and prayed. But I realized I couldn’t ask for God’s help while at the same time I felt hatred for the mixed up young man who had shot me. Isn’t that the meaning of the lost sheep? We are all God’s children & therefore equally beloved by him. I began to pray for his soul and that he would find his way back to the fold."

The faith of Ronald Reagan was evident in both his DEEDS and his WORDS, as anyone who ever had the honor to work with him rapidly recognized.

In my observations,  all Presidents since have some characteristics that are admirable.  But none of them, with the exception of President George W. Bush, afforded credit to OUR CREATOR for how the USA has been blessed!!  President Reagan won his election with over 59% of the vote in 1980 and 58% in 1984!  Why do candidates fear being thought of a CRAZY!  GOD is not something to run away from!  Humbly acknowledging that The ALMIGHTY is LORD would reap America great dividends!  "If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."  2 Chronicles 7:14 (ESV).  

No comments:

Post a Comment