Monday, December 31, 2012

Going somewhere?

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a TIME TO KEEP SILENCE, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace."

As I reflect on the year that is closing I am left determining if I was a "GOOD" steward of the time GOD granted me.   The writer of Ecclesiastes tells us that there is a time for everything.  

The thing I have the hardest problem with is BEING STILL!   Listening to GOD sometimes requires complete silence and meditation. I have to remove ALL distractions!  Psalms 46:10 says to "BE STILL, and know that I am GOD; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth".   

There is a time for being "BUSY", but you have to have direction and purpose in your life!  In order to live a VICTORIOUS life, you must yield to SOMEONE who is bigger than life's problems!  

There indeed is a time for everything.   LORD, I pray that I will prioritize my life in YOUR order and live by YOUR plan!  

No comments:

Post a Comment