Friday, December 7, 2012

WISDOM?????

I "SHARE" a lot of items on Facebook.  Pictures, quotes, Funnies, inspirationals, what ever I feel is worthy is my "FRIENDS" seeing!  From time to time it is something that has happened to or about someone that I know. 

When you think about it, the BIBLE is an historic account of actual things that has happened to actual people throughout history.   Edmund Burke (1729-1796) said "Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." 

If 'ole Edmund Burke was correct, and history seems to support his assertion, why do we not study history (HOLY BIBLE) more?   If we would learn from the mistakes of others it would save us a lot of grief.

King Solomon has been described as the WISEST of men ever.  2 Kings 9:22 states "Thus King Solomon excelled all the kings of the earth in riches and in wisdom."   He is credited with writing most of the Proverbs.   I have listed just a few of his comments;

Proverbs 26:11
Like a dog that returns to his vomit is a fool who repeats his folly. 

Proverbs 18:2  
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion. 

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction. 

I am not a "Solomon", but I am wise enough to know that when I "need answers" in life that I will look in the book.....the HOLY BIBLE!  

No comments:

Post a Comment