Monday, September 9, 2013

"FRIEND OF GOD!"

Exodus 33:22-23 (KJV) "And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen." Exodus 34:30 "And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him." If you were written about in The Bible, what would your legacy be? Would you be a King David, a man after GOD's own heart. Or maybe a King Solomon, with wisdom unmatched. Maybe the Apostle Paul, author of many New Testament writings. I recall reading in Exodus about Moses when GOD was getting ready to give him "The Law". Scripture relates in Exodus 33:11 "The LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend." GOD, the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe, actually spoke to Moses as friends talk to each other! What an amazing testimony. To know that GOD ALMIGHTY would "stoop" so low, to debase HIMSELF so much, to communicate with a lowly human? My lineage is not anything to brag about. My mother and father divorced when I was barely four years old. My mom raised me and my two sisters on the salary of a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN). We always had to struggle financially and I dreamed of getting my mom out of the "pit of poverty" that we had grown accustomed to. For me to think that "the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe" would desire a personal relationship with me is beyond imagination. I am reminded about JESUS being discussed in John 1:46, "And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see." If JESUS (GOD in flesh) could come into this world in a cattle stall in the poorest of worldly standards, I can be used in a manner similar to Moses. After all, GOD and Moses spoke to each other "as a man speaketh unto his friend", but GOD sent HIS one and only SON to sacrifice HIMSELF for my transgressions. I would think that GOD thinks a lot of me.......and you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment