Sunday, September 1, 2013

"HIS GLORY ALONE"!

John 7:14-18     (KJV)
"Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught. And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned? Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but HIS THAT SENT ME.  If any man will do HIS will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of GOD, or whether I speak of myself.  He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh HIS glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him."

So many times on television or in print, so-called preachers of the gospel get caught up in their education or perceived knowledge.  It seems we get so enthralled with our credentials that we forget it is "GOD" who draws people to HIM! 

In John 6:44 JESUS said "NO man can come to me, except the FATHER WHICH HAS SENT ME DRAW HIM: and I will raise him up at the last day."   Our desire to love comes from The FATHER.  There is nothing good in our flesh (Romans 7).  The saving grace is that our Spirit has been transformed by the Living CHRIST.  We glory in HIM!

In his first letter to the Corinthians, the Apostle Paul wrote "For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."!  Paul was saying that, as educated as he was, the only message he was wanting to bring was about CHRIST, and HIM crucified!  Nothing else matters!  

I pray I will do ONLY what CHRIST gets Glory for with my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment