Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"THE WAY THINGS ARE SEEN!"

Matthew 9:27-34 (KJV) "And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou Son of David, have mercy on us. And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord. Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you. And their eyes were opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know it. But they, when they were departed, spread abroad his fame in all that country. As they went out, behold, they brought to him a dumb man possessed with a devil. And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel. But the Pharisees said, HE CASTETH OUT DEVILS THROUGH THE PRINCE OF DEVILS." This weekend my wife and I visited one of my sons in another city. I generally do the driving when we travel, but this day I decided to let my wife drive. To say she drives more conservatively than I is a VAST understatement! While observing her, I noticed she was only reacting to what she was "seeing". I tend to drive with a "think ahead" mentality. How I drive may offend some, so let me apologize if I have offended you. But I drive to stay out of people's way and not give them a chance to "run me over"! The Pharisee's, in JESUS' time, did not "see" the King of Kings and Lord of Lord's in their presence. HE was right in front of there eyes and they could not "see" HIM. As a matter of fact, the even said JESUS was casting out devils in the name of devils! Sometimes, just because you are more educated or have more book knowledge, your perspective has been skewed. In Luke 10:21-22 states "In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that THOU HAST HID these things from the "wise and prudent", and hast REVEALED them unto BABES: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in THY SIGHT. All things are delivered to me of my Father: and NO MAN KNOWETH who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to WHOM THE SON WILL REVEAL!" There is a nationally syndicated editorial in today's newspaper stating that a politician isn't abnormal, Washington DC is! I am sure that some will disagree with the writer of this article. They "see" things from a different perspective than the author. Politicians have their vision obscured by money, power, prestige, and all sorts of other distractions. The favorability ratings of Congress , according to RCP average is 17.5%! How we "see" politicians is no different than the Pharisees were seen in JESUS' time. Just as the Pharisees could not "see" The Son of GOD in their midst, the TRUTH today cannot be seen by all. However one day, JESUS will be REVEALED to ALL.......and HIS GLORY will be made known. And on that day, no verification will be required!

No comments:

Post a Comment