Thursday, September 12, 2013

"RENEWING MY MIND!"

Philippians 4:8 (KJV) "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Today, a friend of mine had this verse as his post. My friend is a man who walks with GOD, so no one should take these comments as an admonishment. The statement is about society as a whole. I responded IN LOVE...... "Okay....I gotta say this! If we are to "think on these things (true,just, pure,lovely, good report), why does the world get up and read a newspaper instead of reading God's Word? And we wonder why our world is in the shape it is? I think I will blog this today!" Folks, I am not running down what everyone else does. I can only know, for certain, what is going on in my life. The bible says in Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Yet, how many mornings do I awaken, turn on the coffee maker, take my meds, and sit down and let the world infiltrate my "MIND"? My "MIND" is a precious asset and I need to protect it from the filth that the world has to offer. The enemy has many avenues of "sneaking into our camp". The more we stay in GOD's Word, the more HE will reveal HIS traits and characteristics to us. The more we fill our lives with HIM, the less room there will be for the evil one. Finally, brethren.....as the Apostle Paul wrote, I am not to be "conformed to this world". That means I am NOT to "to act in accord with the prevailing standards, attitudes, practices," according to the dictionary. So everyday, when I wake up, I am to spend time with The FATHER before I get assaulted by the world. I thank YOU GOD for your watch care and protection over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment