Thursday, December 12, 2013

"BEATEN WITH THE ROD!"

Proverbs 23:12-15          (KJV)
"12 APPLY THINE HEART unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.
13 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou BEATEST him with the rod, he shall not die.
14 Thou shalt BEAT him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.
15 My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine."


So many times, people get so conflicted with a certain translation of scripture, that they turn off what GOD is trying to say to us.  But there are occasions where our ears need to hear what is being said.

The English Standard Version of the same passage reads "APPLY YOUR HEART to instruction and your ear to words of knowledge. Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you STRIKE him with a rod, he will not die. If you STRIKE him with the rod, you will save his soul from Sheol. My son, if your heart is wise, my heart too will be glad."

No person in their right mind relishes the thought of correcting a child.  Although my own children are grown and married, I can still remember being disciplined when I was young. I thought I was being treated rather harshly at the time.  But, looking back, I realize that I probably could have stood to be kept closer to the "straight and narrow"!

I have been blessed to have two sons that have caused very little grief. Could it be however, that if more children were exposed to, not only physical discipline, but witnessed spiritual discipline in their parent's lives, the problems with society would be a LOT LESS severe?

I understand that some people say they don't believe in ALMIGHTY GOD, but ALMIGHTY GOD is the first ONE turned to in time of trouble.  Even our national leaders, on September 12, 2001 wanted to run back to ALMIGHTY GOD, for a day or two!  You would think that such "WISE" people would seek HIS guidance to prevent the catastrophe, rather than crying out from the depths of the catastrophe?

Could this be applied to our society today????? "Withhold not correction from the child (America): for if thou BEATEST him (America) with the rod, he (America) shall not die. Thou shalt BEAT him (America) with the rod, and shalt deliver his (America) soul from hell!"

No comments:

Post a Comment