Tuesday, December 17, 2013

"IN HIS SIGHT!"

Hebrews 4:12-13            (KJV)
"12 For the WORD of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, PIERCING even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a DISCERNER of the THOUGHTS and INTENTS of the HEART.
13 Neither is there any creature that is NOT MANIFEST in ""HIS"" sight: but all things are NAKED and opened unto the eyes of HIM with whom we have to do."


In a recent edition of the local newspaper, there was a section where the newspaper listed all of the most recent people who have had criminal charges brought against them by the county in which I live. To my count, there were nearly ninety people which the county believes may have broken the law.  Ninety people, in one county, who are facing judgement for their alleged actions.

I began to ponder the lives that have been, are being, and will be affected by the actions of those who are guilty of the crimes they are charged with.  I can imagine the victims being of the opinion that justice is moving too slowly.  I imagine the families of the ones charged and the grief they are experiencing.  And the families of the victims, suffering as well, just because they love the ones who were allegedly wronged.

Then my thoughts go to a subject most of us would prefer not address.  When the real, unadorned, NAKED, honest truth is known about me, and viewed "in HIS sight", with no make-up or jewelry that I try to mask my faults with, I am a "wretch" of a person.  I could go on and on about how vile and meritless my life is, but GOD saw something HE could use and HE sent the Spirit of JESUS to live in me!  Now, instead of my sinful nature, when HE looks at me HE sees nothing but JESUS CHRIST!  I am so blessed and grateful for HIS grace and mercy.  And I am so thankful for salvation and the way I am viewed "IN HIS SIGHT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment