Friday, December 20, 2013

"TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE!"

John 8:31-38                 (KJV)
"31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
37 I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father."

Some people say, and even believe, they are something, but when the TRUTH is known, they really are not.  The enemy is the great deceiver, and in Genesis 3:4 tells Eve, "YE shall not not surely die"-------and Eve believed the lie!  Anytime you believe the enemy over the Word of GOD, you are in a dangerous, even fatal (Spiritually), position.

But doesn't verse 34 say "Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin"?  Isn't that all of us?  Don't we all "fall short of the glory of GOD" (Romans 3:23)?  One commentary says it a lot clearer. He says a better translation may be "were not the servants of sin".  If I am a servant of sin, I am in "bondage", or a slave.

JESUS said in verse 36 "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed"!  But you can't be set free if you cling to "your sin".  The love of GOD desires for all to experience the joy and peace HE offers, but scripture says "broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat"(Matthew 7:13B).

Humans have some genetic traits that they have no control over.  I have a gene that made me 6'6" tall.  I sometimes wish I were shorter, especially when purchasing clothes, but I cannot wish my height away.  My Spirit has similar genetic traits that can only be corrected by a "Spiritual Rebirth".  Some wish they were Believers, but they remain the same old "6'6"'person they have always been.

JESUS said in verse 32 "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free".  We have to "confess our sins" and "repent" before we can "know the Truth"!  Our SPIRIT is the most REAL part of our being.  We were made "in HIS image"(Genesis 1:27) and John 4:24 says "GOD is a Spirit".  For our "SPIRIT" to be free, we must surrender it to JESUS CHRIST!

No comments:

Post a Comment