Friday, December 6, 2013

"TRIALS and TRIBULATIONS!"

Job 13:15-18                (KJV)
"15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I WILL MAINTAIN mine own ways before HIM.
16 HE also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before HIM.
17 Hear diligently my speech, and my declaration with your ears.
18 Behold now, I have ordered my cause; I know that I shall be justified."

When we are experiencing "trails and tribulations", our focus (how we see things) tends to get a bit "blurry".   How we respond to what we "SEE" leaves an indelible impression in our lives, and those who surround us.

I have always admired the calm, cool response of those who were usually more mature than I.  We all know that age has little to do with maturity.  Experiencing "trials and tribulations" is not recognized as a favorite way to teach.

My youngest son was less than two years old. We were visiting my mentor who lived about three hours from us.  He was not a real explorer, but this morning he was "checking things out"!  He was walking into the kitchen, his little fingers barely able to reach over the countertop.  Someone had just finished cooking something on the range and the burner was still hot. He burned his four fingers pretty intensely. I felt like a bad parent because I had allowed such behavior.   But, he learned a lesson!  We never had to tell him twice about "HOT" anymore.

The lessons learned from "trials and tribulations" can be invaluable.  I have heard it said "When you are going through a trial, GLEAN everything you can from it. You don't want to go through the same difficulty again to learn what you missed".  I have learned since that if you learn from others trials, you may avoid some of the "trails and tribulations" of theirs.   Some call that WISDOM,

No comments:

Post a Comment