Tuesday, December 3, 2013

"STORY TELLING!"

Luke 10:38-42       (KJV)
"38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus’ feet, and heard his word.
40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

My paternal grandfather was born in 1910.  Since my mom divorced in 1964, my grandfather played a large "fatherly" part in my life.  I absolutely loved hearing him tell stories of his past.  Although I didn't realize it then, his so-called stories were having a huge impact in my life.

JESUS was a guest in the home of Martha.  Martha's sister, Mary, was present as well.  Verse 40 says "Martha was cumbered about much serving"!  She was overwhelmed with what "she thought" she could be doing for The LORD.  Mary was allowing The WORD of JESUS to transform her life.  Although appearances were that Mary was not helping Martha, sometimes appearances can be deceiving.

In July, 2009 a "miracle from GOD" was performed in my life.  I was in a drug induced coma at the time, so I could do NOTHING to aid in the "miracle".  GOD gets ALL the credit.  JESUS said that "ONE THING IS NEEDFUL" to Martha. It wasn't serving lunch, or making sure JESUS and the disciples were taken care of.  JESUS knew her heart and HE knew Martha was "careful and troubled about many things".

Just as I could do nothing to assist in my healing and GOD got/gets all of the credit and GLORY for the healing, GOD should be allowed to gain GLORY from my life everyday.  Stories of our Love for The LORD should be told easily.  The stories my grandfather told impacted my life.  The stories that our lives tell to others should should impact The KINGDOM for HIS GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment