Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"EYES ON THE PRIZE!"

Jeremiah 29:11       (NASB)
"11 For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."

My profession is selling insurance. I have been an insurance agent for over 20 years. I have witnessed many kinds of claims over that time frame.  From building fires, to minor car accidents, thefts, and even deaths. Only a few occasions in those 20+ years have I had the insured OVER INSURED, and they return money to the company.  One time a client said the company did not know what to do with the money he returned to them.

It is wise to protect your assets from the unknown, but a lot of times we dwell on the "calamity", rather than trusting that GOD will honor HIS Word.  If we could just get a glimpse of what HE has in store for us, our joy would be uncontrollable!  GOD says HE knows the plans HE has for us.  HE has plans for a well being, NOT FOR CALAMITY!  HE wants us to have a future and a hope.

Unlike some television preachers, I am not one of those who claim everything will come up roses if you trust in HIM. I tend to look to HIM for strength more when I am in the valley.  But I do not choose to live in the valley!  I desire to live in the joy and abundance only JESUS can bring. And when I go through a valley on my way to the mountain, it is JESUS that strengthens and sustains me.

If I keep my eyes on HIS plans HE has for me, I will not fear.  When I get my eyes on obstacles the enemy places on my path, I tend to worry and fear.  LORD, cause me to keep my eyes looking at YOUR PLAN for my life, and let the enemies obstacles be overcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment