Sunday, December 8, 2013

"DULL OF HEARING"!

Hebrews 5:11-14               (KJV)
11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

The "words of correction" are most readily heard by one who is WILLING TO HEAR them.  I remember when I was a kid, and even into early adulthood, I would be in the heat of the battle and say and do a lot of things that I was regretful about soon after.

One of the hardest things to say, yet one of the most rewarding, is "I'M SORRY" or "I WAS WRONG".  When you think about it, all you are really admitting to is being a human, being a flawed person. GOD only sent ONE to be PERFECT!  JESUS CHRIST was an example of what Holiness should be, and we sought to destroy HIM.  

LORD, help me to not be "DULL OF HEARING" when YOU correct my sinful behavior. I want to graduate to stronger meat!  The process may not always be enjoyable, but no one ever said growing up was!

No comments:

Post a Comment